Saturday 17 January 2015

Pregnancy | 31 Weeks


How far along? 31 weeks and 4 days.

Baby's size: He's the size of a coconut, 18 inches and weighing 3.2lbs.

Total weight gain: Still haven't weighed myself! I think as long as the midwife isn't concerned about weight gain when she see's me then I won't be either. I will definitely try hard once he's here to get all the weight off by going on walks with him. 

Maternity clothes: This lovely birdy top is a maternity top that my lovely friend gave to me. I love anything birdy so I especially love this!

Best moment this week: Going to physio and being givena bump support band, I really hope it works and takes some of the pressure off!

Miss anything? I miss being able to paint my toes! When I went down to my mams at Christmas my sister was kind enough to paint them for me, but now they've started to chip and really could do with being done again. I will definitely be booking a pedicure closer to my due date. I don't want minging nails in labour!

Movement? Oh yes! I had been feeling bruised across the top of my bump so I asked my midwife about it and she said it's where he sticks his bum out because he is head down and his bum is right up in my lungs. Naughty little baby!

Food cravings: Coffee, lemonade and chocolate! I've been resisting coffee because I didn't want to drink any caffeine but I just wanted the taste so much that I bought some decaf. I think decaf is pointless because I'm expecting to feel a buzz and to be more awake after I've drank coffee but when I drink decaf obviously that doesn't happen. But I gave in and bought some because I was craving the taste so much! 

Anything making you queasy or sick? I still feel sick when I lie down at night so I always have to prop myself up with pillows now. I have bought some Rennies for in case it gets unbearable but I've been okay at the minute.

Gender: Boy.

Symptoms: All the same as last week, except I seem to be getting Braxton Hicks contractions a lot now. At least once an hour. I asked my midwife about this and she said its completely normal as long as they're not regular and not painful. 

Belly button in or out? In, but definitely on its way out!

Looking forward to: My baby shower next week. I ordered the nicest little guestbook off eBay for everyone to sign and I've asked for it to have his name on the front and the date of his baby shower so I can remember it forever. I also got some card and cut out the shape of vests and I will get people to write their baby advice on them at my shower, which I will think will be nice to keep. You can totally tell they're home made but I think that makes them even more special!

Other fun things to note: We're still waiting on getting his cot delivered, I'm getting so impatient I just want it up! I love just chilling in his room because the blue makes it so relaxing. Once we get the cot up I will be doing a blog post about his room :)
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. You lucky you haven't been getting weird craving chocolate seems to be normal hehe

    Candice | Beauty Candy Loves
    ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose so haha I just have to make sure I don't eat so much that it's a nightmare to get the weight off afterwards! Thank you for your comment :) xx

      Delete

Thank you for all your comments, I appreciate and love reading them all!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig