Friday 2 January 2015

Posts From The Past..


Since I haven't planned on doing a New Years related post I thought that I would share a motivational post that I wrote quite a while ago, so I hope you enjoy and it helps you in some way.. 



So I thought I would do a life lessons blogpost. I have been through some trials in my life as I know we all have and its always nice to reflect on those trials and see the silver lining in all of them and to know that it wasn't all for a bad cause, that we learnt something from them and they shaped us into the beautiful, strong people we are today.



1. Trust God
I'm a natural worrier. I can't help it, I just worry about everything and anything. But there's really no point. When I look back at certain things I see now that there is no point in my worrying because it didn't change the outcome of anything. God knows exactly whats going to happen in our lives, and he knows just how much we can and can't handle. It's one less thing to worry about! 
    - Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has       enough trouble of its own. Matthew 6:34

2. Always Be Honest
I understand that this can sometimes be a hard one, as sometimes there are some things we would rather not share with others, like for example our feelings. It's always best to just be honest in the first place, the truth always comes out eventually. 

3. "Just Smile And Wave Boys, Smile And Wave"
This is one that I have actually learnt recently. When someone makes a habit of putting you down or hurting your feelings you then have the choice of whether you will let it hurt your feelings or whether like the quote says you will just stand with a huge smile on your face and a thick skin. In the long run, its better for your own sanity and happiness not to let people hurt your feelings, especially when they mean nothing to you. Its best not to get into arguments when people annoy you. More often than not, it will be you that's left hurting.

4. Don't Let The Past Predict Your Future
Never ever let a past interpretation of who you are go into your future. Its called the past for a reason. People change and you can be a completely different person from one year to the next. Do not let the things and people of your past determine your happiness in the future. 

5. Eat And Be Happy
There's nothing I love more than food. I am a serious foodie. I have wasted countless days in my life making myself miserable by trying to stick to a diet. Seriously, stuff it! If your weight is not causing any health threats to your life, then just eat and be happy. As long as you incorporate healthy foods into your diet and you try to maintain a balanced diet, then eat the ice cream every so often, have the cake, indulge in the monster size bag of crisps! I for one will never judge you! 

6. "Everything Will Be Okay In The End, If It's Not Okay, It's Not The End"
This single quote alone has gotten me through some really tough times. I heard this quote probably about seven years ago and it has stuck with me and probably will for my whole life. 

7. Be Content With What You've Got
I'm a girl, I love to want things I can't have. But at the same time when I really sit and look at all that I've got I feel so blessed and content. I really couldn't ask for a better life, a better husband, or a better family. As long as I have got these things, I am content :) 

8. As Demi Lovato Would Say "Love Like You've Never Been Broken'
We have all had our high and low points in life. Every single person has had their fair share of heartbreak. But that shouldn't stop us from loving again, we have to take that risk in order to reach happiness. How do we know that we haven't missed the love of our lives by being so boarded up? 
    - Never let the fear of striking out, keep you from playing the game. (A Cinderella Story)

9. Don't Be Afraid To Cry
I am a serious crier. I never used to be! I used to hard as nails. But sometimes a good cry is all you need. You should never try and keep it in, it doesn't mean you're not strong because you have a cry every once in a while. It's actually the opposite. You're strong because you know how to deal with your emotions! If you need to cry, then cry. I guarantee you will feel better.  

10. Always Eat The Last Cookie
I'm serious. Don't ask somebody else if they want it because chances are they will say yes and you will be cookie-less! It doesn't make you selfish, it makes you smart ;) They wouldn't ask you if you wanted it! 



So that's it. My Top 10 Learnt Life Lessons. I hope that I have inspired you as much as all these things have inspired me throughout my life :)
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for all your comments, I appreciate and love reading them all!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig