Friday 6 March 2015

Pregnancy | 38 Weeks


How far along? 38 weeks and 3 days.

Baby's size: He is the size of a swiss chard, whatever that is! Measuring 19-22 inches long and weighing approximately 6.5lbs although I guarantee he is more than this!

Total weight gain: Still haven't weighed myself but I'm starting to see that I am putting weight on my face.

Maternity clothes: Yep, nothing else fits!

Best moment this week: I can't think of any good moments this week, we have had a horrendous week. On Sunday afternoon I started getting awful cramp in my back that got so bad we decided to go into the hospital where they checked me, and I was only 1cm dilated so they sent us home with some codeine for me. The back pain kept getting worse so we ordered a TENS machine which really helped. Then on Monday I started to have a bloody show, and on Tuesday I was having regular painful contractions for two hours, but they just all of a sudden stopped and I have had nothing since! We honestly don't know whether we are coming or going this week! Then on Wednesday we found out that I am Group B Strep positive so I have to have IV antibiotics during labour to prevent the infection passing on to the baby. WHAT A WEEK!

Miss anything? Being able to sit comfortably! The most comfortable seat in the house is my gym ball.

Movement? Yep, all the time.

Food cravings: Still lemonade, and all I've wanted for days is some nachos, cheese, salsa and jalapeño peppers from the cinema.  

Anything making you queasy or sick? Still just when I get hungry.

Gender: Boy.

Symptoms: Back ache and cramp, braxton hicks, leg cramps, swollen ankles, carpal tunnel, still losing mucus plug and have had a bloody show. Hopefully this means things are moving along and it won't be too long now until he is born.

Belly button in or out? Out.

Looking forward to: Having a baby instead of a bump! I just can't wait to get him here so that I know he is safe and healthy.

Other fun things to note: My mam has decided to come up early since I have been having so many signs so I am really looking forward to having her here. We are planning on going for long walks and eating lots of spicy foods!
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. Sounds like your ready to pop. I hope eveything goes well for the birth.
    Renee x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment, why not check out my Labour and Delivery story to see how it all went! xx

      Delete
    2. Thanks for your comment, why not check out my Labour and Delivery story to see how it all went! xx

      Delete

Thank you for all your comments, I appreciate and love reading them all!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig